Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding Wednesday - Turkey Day Edition


I'm a wedding planning machine.  That's right.  A MACHINE.  I got so much done this weekend, it's not even funny.


We went and visited with my grandpa this weekend.  The Reverend McC has generously agreed to marry us.  Yay for officials!

We also went and visited with Mr. Dan's family for the Canadian Turkey Day weekend.  His mother and I sat down on Saturday night and she offered to grow ALL of our flowers.  She is a gardener (has worked at a green house for YEARS) and has huge beds to work with.  You may squee now.



We're going with a variety of small(ish) sunflowers, red/white/yellow zinnias (in a variety of styles), red/white/yellow asters and red/white/yellow chrysanthemums.  That way, we can work with whatever blooms and go from there.  She's sooo sweet!!  We worked it out together with Mr. Dan's iPhone and her gardening catalogues as references!!  The girls will each have 2-4 sunflower bouquets, just something simple that will really pop with their cherry red dresses and I'll do the sunflowers with red/white accents.  Like so:




Less orange,more red!

I like the way the purple sets it off...but I think we'll use white/red.

Also we went to Sarah aka Mr. Dan's sister aka grower of my niece/nephew.  (Let me just say, I love this woman.  She's FANTASTIC!!)  And we chatted with the whole clan.  We updated everyone, Nanny  and cousin Jennifer were particularly interested in wedding planning.  We also asked his cousin's son to be our ring bearer.  He said that "Mom says only big boys can be ring bears."  So I asked if he was one and he goes "Yeah! Of course I am!!'  So I think he's in.


All in all it was a productive Turkey weekend.  What about you?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. I LOVE sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete