Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wedding Wednesday!


Time for another edition of Wedding Wednesday!  This week is a very special post because we're going to be discussing, as promised, WEDDING DRESSES!

We've been engaged about 6 months now.  We're not getting married until next September but I decided that come the one year mark I would start trying on dresses.  I didn't know how long it would take (1 visit, 2 visits? A month? 4 months?!) so I wanted to make sure I had lots of time...but not so much time that I'd change my mind.  I also wanted to make sure that I would get to try on a variety of dresses in a variety of styles so that I would really know what I wanted when I saw it.  So, it began...

Mom took me to a store a few weeks ago and we tried on umpteen dresses.  I saw a few that were nice...
My favorite from that trip...


Love the lace and beading detail on this!!

And then there were some that weren't quite so nice...

The vag dress. (As dubbed by Carrie)

After that adventure I knew I hadn't found it.  I found some that I really liked and I found some that I really didn't like.  I thought I knew the general style I liked though, so that was a good thing.  My next adventure would take place just outside of Boston.  I went shopping with my aunt and my cousin.  I teased you with one of those pictures recently.  I really really really liked that dress...and that surprised me.  It was plain, which I didn't think I would like, but it was really nice.  I decided that it might be "the one" but wanted to look a little more. 

Really, let's focus, I didn't want to make a decision and then find out there was another dress that I was in love with.  So mom and I decided to do one last trip this weekend.  We headed to Winchester's Bridal in downtown Hali with my sister and my mom's BFF Paula.  We were there for 2.5 hours!! HOLY HELL! Trying on dresses is tiring, and fun, and sweaty, and hot, and exciting and frustrating!

But I found some lovely dresses...
Yes, this is almost the exact same dress as before.
I just really really liked it.  


This one was really nice too.  Not so beady-sparkley and formal.
But still really nice.  Like my bouquet? haha!
And then I saw it.  A dress that I never thought I'd like.  It was a dress that had pick-ups...which until now I thought would look AWFUL on me.  Then my consultant told me to try it.  I didn't know if it would work but it was the last dress she had in the room (after 2.5 hours!) so I said yes.  It was plain so she added a really nice red sash and...
Waiting for the reveal...
Please excuse the sweaty-gross look I have...I was EXHAUSTED.

TADA!! This is the dress.  I knew the minute I walked out of the room.  It wasn't too fancy, it wasn't glittery, it was fun, it moved and swung around and it was different from anything I'd ever worn.  It made me smile, in fact my sister said it made my eyes light up (although in the pic I think I look like I'm ready to die from exhaustion!).  I loved it.  Mom immediately started crying (good sign!) and her BFF Paula pulled out her tissue too.  It's wonderful.  It's comfortable.  It's fun and different and I LOVE it.  Oh, and it was only HALF OF MY BUDGET! So I bought it.  Or rather my wonderful, fantastic mother surprised me and bought it for me.  It will be in by April, leaving me tons of time to get alterations and buy accessories to go with it.

I love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha vag dress.

    I LOVE the one that you chose! I think those pick-ups definitely work on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Salt!

    The vag dress is pretty epic, eh?

    ReplyDelete