Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wedding Wednesday!


It's that time again - Wedding Wednesday!!  Today I'll be talking about cake.  Delicious, wonderful, chocolately-vanillay- strawberry (or whatever flavour you're into) cake!!  Now, this is not something that just popped into my head last night on a whim...it's been inspired by a friend's cake.  In fact, it's been inspired by my friend's groom's cake!   Basically, they had the COOLEST groom's cake ever - and they've been featured on The Knot so they're basically famous (or at least the cake is!).  So without further ado the groom's cake:


Photo courtsey of TheKnot.

 
Isn't that en EPIC cake?! Lindsay's husband, Brad, slew the fierce cake with a sword! 
 
So now for my part of this Wedding Wednesday - my cake.   Because it's all about me!
 
I picture a fairly simple cake for our wedding.  Dan says I can do what I want but I know, from pictures I've shown him, that he prefers something simple as well.  Probably 3 tiers, something delicious like chocolate and probably white with some fresh flowers or ribbon.  We want it to reflect the easy, fun feel that we're going for with the rest of the wedding.

This one is nice but I think it has a few too many flowers.
Maybe plainer icing too...

This is stunning!  I love the delicate little flowers.


This is fun and simple and the one that I'm
really leaning towards.
 
 So needless to say I've got some scouting to do over the next few months.  I'll keep y'all updated.
 
What do you think about the cake choices? Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Caaaaaaake. I love the last one the most. Very simple and modern and classy!

    And that groom's cake? I wouldn't even be able to eat it. It's too awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete