Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weddings...weddings...weddings!!

I thought about starting a Wedding Wednesday today, thinking that it would be a wonderful addition to the blog and I could keep all my wedding-ly thoughts in here.  I also thought it would be nice to have something solid, like a feature, once a week.  Then I realized it was Thursday.  So our first edition of Wedding Wednesday will be today, Thursday.  (You'll get over it.)

First I thought I'd start by introducing you to my wonderful fiancĂ©.  Then I realized how much time and energy that would take so instead I invite you to venture here, to our wedding website, and browse around.  It has all sorts of need to know info.  So with introductions out of the way I thought I'd move on to my current obsession - the colours and theme/feel for our wedding.

I really want to use red.  I love a nice bright red.  It's cheery and happy and just makes me smile.  Then I needed something to go with red.  Well that decision was made easy when I walked into the ballroom we've decided to use and they had these huge yellow and red daises on the tables.
Think this...but with yellow.

So I've found my colors, I've ran them by Mr. Dan and by the girls, my mom, my dad, his parents...well everyone that apparently gets a say in my wedding decisions...and they all love it.  Awesome, because I wasn't going to change it anyways.  So now we move on to other things...like dresses, the groomsmen, bouquets, invites, yadda yadda yadda.  I want this wedding to be fun but still classy.  I want people to have a good time but I want it to look nice.  So I did some more searching online and came up with some inspiration....

I love the red dresses and the casual feel of this.  Also, Dan
has requested cheesecake (his only request) so it fits!

This is quite pretty.  More orangey than yellow but it's just an idea.

Kind of pink-y but I really like the feel it gives you.  Just need red
for some more pop!!

Oh and for good measure, and as a little tease, here's the dress I tried on while I was away.  I really think it might be the one.  I have pictures of me in it, but I will be posting a full bridal fashion show next week so until then you can look at the stock picture.
No I wouldn't wear the gloves...



4 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress!!! It's beautiful! (And glad to know you won't be wearing the gloves.)

    Gerbera daisies are my most favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming to your wedding and eating your cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're pretty much the best flower, EVAR.

    I'll save you a piece, Button;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot! Welcome to the Wedding Wednesday Club! :)

    ps. Me loves the red and yellow :)

    ReplyDelete